|About the Artist||Honors/Awards||Artist's Statement||Related Websites|
Included in BEST OF AMERICA: LANDSCAPE ARTISTS Volume I. Williamsburg: Kennedy Publishing Company. To be published in 2013.
Selected for BEST OF AMERICA: LANDSCAPE ARTISTS Volume I. Williamsburg: Kennedy Publishing Company. 2013.
Included in INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS, VOL. 4. New York and Athens: I.C.A. Publishing, 2012.
2012 Solo Show:
Guest Artist for the Children’s Museum in Portsmouth, VA: A solo exhibit of 12 paintings from May 21, 2012 to August 21, 2012.
Included in INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ARTISTS, VOL 2. Published April 25, 2011.
Feb. 1, 2013 First Prize in the category of Abstract Paintings for “Le Bonhomme” -- The Chesapeake Bay Watercolorists’ Winter Exhibit at the David Stravitz Sculpture and Fine Art Gallery. Juror: Delores Kosciuszko. Prize: $75.
Oct. 4, 2012 First Prize in the Category of Innovative Paintings for “Windows on the Cosmos” – The Chesapeake Bay Watercolorists’ Fall Exhibit at Cape Henry Collegiate School. Juror: James Warwick Jones, Director of The Charles H. Taylor Art Center in Hampton, VA. Prize: $75
May 17, 2012 Award of Merit for “Analogous Colorscapes” in the Chesapeake Bay Art Association spring exhibit. This show took place in the Research Buildings on Monarch Way at Old Dominion University. Juror: Ann Vernon.
Selected, as a 2012 Tidewater Art Alliance award winner, to display for a year three paintings in Senator John Warner’s Office in Norfolk, VA.
- April 5, 2012 Award of Merit in the Category of Traditional Watercolor for “Analogous Colorscapes” - The Chesapeake Bay Watercolorists’ Spring Exhibit. This show took place at Cape Henry Collegiate from April 5th until April 30th. Juror: Jean Muehlen from the Richard Stravitz Art Gallery.
February 3, 2012 Honorable Mention for “Imaginative Kids - Busy Adults” at the juried exhibit of the Tidewater Art Alliance. This show entitled “The Child” took place at the Portsmouth Arts and Culture Center in Portsmouth, VA from February 3 until April 8, 2012. Juror: Leisa Rundquist (UNC Asheville)
January 12, 2012 First Prize in the category of Innovative Paintings for “Ecuadorian Dreamscape” - The Chesapeake Bay Watercolorists’ Winter Exhibit. Runnymede Pavilion. Juror: Ann Vernon. Prize: $75
Sept. 6, 2011 Second Prize in the Artists Gallery Exhibit “Fresh Paint: New Art” for “The Performing Arts for Peace.” Jurors: The Resident Artists. Prize: $50
- June 24, 2011 People’s Choice Award for “A Symphony of Spaces” at PrimePlus ArtFest.
- June 11, 2011 Third Place in Mixed Media Professional Category – for “A Symphony of Spaces” – ArtFest at PrimePlus - Juror: Charles Kello.
- June 11, 2011 Second Place in Drawing Professional Category – for “Adam Thoroughgood House” (pastel) PrimePlus ArtFest - Juror: Charles Kello.
- June 11, 2011 Second Place in Acrylics Professional Category for “Analogous Colorscapes” – PrimePlus ArtFest Juror: Charles Kello.
- May 5, 2011 Award of Merit for “Cupolas from Paris to Pittsburgh” –– East Beach Art Gallery; Chesapeake Bay Art Association Exhibit Juror: Clayton Singleton. Gift Certificate for Jerry’s Artarama.
- April 22, 2011 Honorable Mention for “Birds Aflutter” – Pembroke 4 Art Gallery Juror: James Warwick Jones.
- April 8, 2011 Honorable Mention – Artists Gallery for “Different Perspectives/Different Vistas” Juror: Sheila Giolitti from Mayer Gallery.
- April 7, 2011 Award of Merit; Chesapeake Bay Watercolorists for “Emerging” Juror: James Warwick Jones from Charles H. Taylor Art Center in Hampton, VA
Plus awards 2003-2010